Ap Chagi – Front Kick
- the knee of the kicking leg is raised.
- the kicking lower leg and foot is rapidly extended to make contact with the target.
- this is executed with a snapping motion.
- the attacking tool is the ball of the foot.
- the toes are pulled back so the ball of the foot strikes the target.
- the target area is the midsection.
Mireo Chagi – Push Kick
This is a linear kick to impact a target straight ahead.
- the knee of the kicking leg is raised close to the chest.
- the foot is pulled to a vertical position by pulling back the toes.
- push the leg straight out driving the sole of the foot through the target.
- contact is made with the heel or the sole of the foot.
- the target is the chest area above the waist.