Twio Chagi – Jumping Kicks
Jumping can be combined with most kicks to change the angle of attack.
Execute the kick at the highest point of the jump.
Bituro Chagi – Twisting Outer Kick
One of the most difficult Taekwondo kicks to execute.
- raise and cock the knee the same as a front kick.
- simultaneously raise the foot and lower leg inward.
- twist the hips thrusting the foot in a circular direction towards the target.
- this is a snapping motion from inside to outside.
- contact is made with the ball of the foot or the instep.
- the target area is the midsection or the head