Dollyo Chagi – Turning Kick
Sometimes referred as a ‘roundhouse’ and is one of the most versatile Taekwondo kicks.
- the knee of the kicking leg is raised.
- simultaneously rotate the body and kicking leg forward.
- as the body rotates extend the leg in a snapping motion towards the target.
- the upper body is kept upright and in line with the extended leg
- contact is made with the ball of the foot or the instep.
- the target area is the face or midsection.
Huryeo Chagi – Thrashing Kick
The execution of this kick closely resembles the hooking kick.
- the kicking leg is lifted with the hip turned towards the target.
- the leg is thrust forward and upwards
- position the outstretched leg so it extends to the far side of the target.
- the outstretched leg is then bent rapidly inwards in a hooking motion.
- contact is made with the back heel or the sole of the foot.
- the target area is the head.